Single Heart Songs is a ministry intended to encourage Christian Adult Singles, Widows, & Divorcees possessing a desire to grow spiritually & emotionally while embracing the single life. Few of us actually chose this 'strange land' but by faith we can still sing of God's grace as we travel through it. Here are a few songs the Lord has given me along my own journey:

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Defining Life for Singles

This week/weekend has been one of tremendous reflection for me. One of my friends I graduated with and I were talking after both hearing of a fellow-classmate's spouse passing away due to a massive heart attack, arteries almost completely blocked (after autopsy) with absolutely NO signs of illness at the young age of 46 (my age). Of all our graduating class, we have lost only 1 to death, but at least 3 of us now have lost a spouse to death.

I know there many widows/ers who can relate to what I am about to say, but take it from those of us who 1) DO know that good marriages can and do exist 2) all men and women are not like all the "bad apples" others seem to speak of and 3) It makes you treasure every day you have with those who are important to you because it is truly makes you understand the meaning of the scripture "Whereas ye know not what shall be on the morrow. For what is your life? It is even a vapour, that appeareth for a little time, and then vanisheth away." James 4:14

As single adults, what are we doing with our lives? What is that you want to do while you still have the time (pending rapture, of course)? We are not promised tomorrow, with a snap of the fingers we could be GONE. That may be a blessing in disguise, but we often find ourselves procrastinating about the really important stuff; live our lives to keep from getting hurt again over this or that.

May I say, in all sincerity and humble spirit that if we are not living life to the fullest in ALL things because of past hurts or losses....then we are NOT living according to the full potential God has for us. I'm not saying throw caution to the wind and live like a whirling dervish, but intentionally or unintentionally hiding in our fox holes to keep from living is so sad (not saying anyone is doing this, just sharing my heart)....

It's YOUR life, if you knew you only had a short period of time to live on this earth, what would you do with that time? I'm not speaking about the spiritual things, because I think we ALL would do those...I'm talking about your life. I'm talking about where the rubber meets the road, real life, reality...we do not know how much longer we have on this earth...What say you????

No comments:

Post a Comment