Single Heart Songs is a ministry intended to encourage Christian Adult Singles, Widows, & Divorcees possessing a desire to grow spiritually & emotionally while embracing the single life. Few of us actually chose this 'strange land' but by faith we can still sing of God's grace as we travel through it. Here are a few songs the Lord has given me along my own journey:

Saturday, January 12, 2013

ORDINARY VS. EXTRAORDINARY

#day10 ORDINARY/EXTRAORDINARY...January 2013 Photo-A-Day Challenge

In our ladies singles group, Encounter Fashionistas, I mentioned that the 10th day's pic should represent something extraordinary about ourselves with the intention of uplifting and encouraging ourselves from the sometimes "ho-hum" life we think we have. Pause and reflect and see that there really is nothing ordinary about who and what we are!

This is a (privacy protected) pic of my 3-page resume. I do not post this in arrogance or to "toot my own horn" but when I stopped to think about what makes my life extraordinary, I think it would have to be all of the education, accomplishments, volunteer/philanthropic activities, former church positions and ministries, as well as personal achievements....Hey I've got a lot to be proud of! I can honestly say I have lived life full and have done it well thus far. But, my life cannot stop here with a 3-page resume. 

By the time God calls me home (death or rapture) it is my prayer that my resume will have at least a page or two more added to it that will demonstrate my resolve to continue moving onward and upward...seeking out and meeting NEW challenges and goals...more importantly, I want to know that my "spiritual resume" is also full of spiritual accomplishments such as reaching and winning souls for the kingdom, service in ministries he calls me to work in, my spiritual health and well-being, is my calling and election sure?  Have I made the necessary preparations for my heavenly future?

Pause and think on it today folks...I have...and I recognize that I have an extraordinary life, and that its going take work to keep it that way. Just as it takes a lifetime to build an extensive resume like I have, it is mandatory that I spend every day of the rest of my life expanding it, and making sure my spiritual resume is kept up-to-date...because no man knows the day or the hour when the Lord will return and catch his bride away for the ultimate interview and evaluation...my "resume" in the Lamb's Book of Life! Challenge: How is your resume looking these days???

No comments:

Post a Comment