"By the rivers of Babylon, there we sat down, yea, we wept, when we remembered Zion. We hanged our harps upon the willows in the midst thereof. For there they that carried us away captive required of us a song; and they that wasted us required of us mirth; saying, sing unto us one of the songs of Zion. How shall we sing the Lord's song in a strange land?" Psalm 137:1-4
Single Heart Songs is a ministry intended to encourage Christian Adult Singles, Widows, & Divorcees possessing a desire to grow spiritually & emotionally while embracing the single life. Few of us actually chose this 'strange land' but by faith we can still sing of God's grace as we travel through it. Here are a few songs the Lord has given me along my own journey:
Sunday, April 24, 2011
BOOK REVIEW WITH GOD SPEAKING
Today's post is about something I have experienced first hand during my single days. Single life is REALLY tough sometimes, as all of life is. But I am so glad that we have a God that walks with us, is involved. Even when we don't understand what is going on in life, HE IS INVOLVED!
*********************************
Janet L. Folger tells us in "What's a Girl to do While Waiting for Mr. Right?" to Let God Have His Way: Remember that our lives are in the hands of an all-powerful God--who is intricately involved in the plan for ALL of our days. That means He's involved in what happens today. And what happened yesterday. We are not in the hands of blind chance, but of a purposeful and deliberate God. And sometimes He moves people out of our lives for our own good. It's His design we want, after all--not ours. We need to stop worrying and rest in that. God has it all under control, and He wants what's best for us. This is a time to be in serious prayer----because it could also be that the situation isn't SUPPOSED to be fixed. My big fear is that I could mess up something God has for me. But if I seek Him and walk where HE leads me.
God is God and He can do whatever He wants. He has a plan for each of our lives. After you've prayed about an issue, and done all you can do to fix it, quit worrying: "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God" (Phillipians 4:6); "Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you." (I Peter 5:7)"
***********************************
Things happen for a reason, I have learned. When we've done all we can do in a situation, we MUST turn it over to God and trust that He is involved. We must trust that He knows what He's doing, ordering our steps according to His plan. As for me, I HAVE to cling to that promise, otherwise I would make myself miserable trying to fix it all myself, worrying am I handling the situation in the right way, is this person I am considering a relationship with the right one for me? I could drive myself crazy worrying about these things. But when I rest in the fact that God is in control of EVERY aspect of my life, trust that He will lead and guide me....then whatever happens will be His will and purpose for my life. I have to remember that if something interferes or brings a halt to something in my life...it HAS TO BE because GOD IS SPEAKING.
Are you listening for his voice?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Great post! As long as our eyes on the Cross, He will take care of the rest! Love you!
ReplyDelete